Effective Date: May 16, 2022
These Terms & Conditions of Sale are in force for the Rapala.com EU websites. For the Rapala.com US website terms, click here.
To find our Shipping Methods and Costs as well as the Delivery Times, please click here.
To find our Return Policy and the Return Instructions, please click here.
By accessing and using our website, you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions of sale. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of sale, Rapala will not sell products to you via our website and you may not purchase products through our website. We reject any purported changes to our Terms and Conditions of Sale made for example in connection with the order.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale are a legal agreement between you, either an individual or authorized representative of a legal entity, and Rapala applying to the products purchased by you through our website www.rapala.com (including other domains directing to this site) and our subdomains. The terms, “Rapala”, “we,” “us” and “our” as used herein refers to Rapala VMC Corporation, a Finnish publicly listed corporation with a Finnish business ID 1016238-8.
Rapala reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change these Terms and Conditions of Sale at any time. Therefore, we recommend that you read these terms carefully each time you use our website.
REGISTRATION, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You can purchase our products as a guest, or register your information for future purchases by completing Rapala’s registration process. Registration is not required to place an order. As part of the registration process you must provide us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form and provide a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, user name and account information, and for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify Rapala immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We strongly recommend that you log out of our website and close your browser window when your session is completed to help prevent unauthorized people from accessing your password, username or account information. Rapala will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password, user name or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Rapala or a third party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder and any actions you take using someone else’s account shall be binding upon both you and that account holder. While Rapala strives to protect the personal information and privacy of its users, your use of our website to transmit or store personally identifiable information is at your own risk.
2. Order Validation and Acceptance. When you place an order, we may verify your method of payment and/or shipping address before processing your order. Your placement of an order with us is an offer to purchase the products on our website. We may accept your order by processing your payment and shipping the product, or may, for any reason decline to accept your order or any part of your order. Rapala reserves the right to refuse service, reject orders, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders (for example, in the case of suspected fraud) in its sole discretion. Any acknowledgment of your order by us means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been accepted or shipped, or that the price or availability of an item has been confirmed. No order request shall be considered to be accepted by us until the product has been shipped. If we decline to accept your order, we will attempt to notify you using the email address or other contact information you have provided with your order.
3. Product Updates. Certain products may require software updates to stay current with the available technology. Please check your product description for more information on software updates.
4. Additional Terms. All products, pricing, and promotions offered hereunder are at the sole discretion of Rapala. Products may be discontinued or changed at any time. We may limit or cancel quantities available for purchase on any order on any basis, and to alter the availability or duration of any special offers at any time. We may, at our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same account, the same credit card, and/or order that use the same billing or shipping address.
5. Electronic Communication. When you place an order though our website, you are required to provide a valid email address and phone number, which we may use to communicate with you, among other ways, regarding the status of an order, advise you regarding shipment of products, and to provide you with other notices, disclosures or other communications relating to your order. You agree that we will not be responsible for any damages you incur, or information you do not receive, as a failure to provide a valid email address and/or phone number.
6. Knife Purchases. By purchasing or ordering any knife you represent that you are 18 years of age or older and agree that you will take full responsibility for compliance with all applicable local and EU laws, regulations and prohibitions and other restrictions.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
1. Pricing and Product Information. We make every effort to provide current and accurate information relating to products and prices, but we do not guarantee the accuracy or any such information. All pricing information is subject to change at any time without notice. In the event we discover a material error in the description or availability of a product that affects your order, or an error in pricing or quantity, we will attempt to notify you of the corrected information and you may choose to accept the corrected information or cancel your order. If Rapala has charged your credit or debit card but subsequently cancelled your order, Rapala will promptly issue a credit to your credit or debit card account for the amount charged.
2. Responsibility for Shipping Charges, Taxes and Duties. The product prices displayed on our website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) you need to pay. All prices displayed are exclusive of shipping rates to be paid by you. For details on shipping see SHIPPING/DELIVERY below. It is your responsibility to complete any local taxes or duties required due to the purchase and delivery of our products to you.
3. Prices. Prices are, and all payments shall be made, in Euros (EUR) or in British pounds (GBP).
4. Payment. To the extent that a balance is due to us after use of any available gift cards, merchandise credits, or merchandise allotments payments to us will be made by credit or debit card or such other payment method as may be made available from time to time. You agree to pay the amount specified, including any applicable sales or other taxes, and shipping and handling charges and surcharges. No discounts, quantity entitlements, or promotions apply unless expressly specified for the transaction. Orders will be processed and shipped pending credit card authorization.
5. Gift Cards and Gift Certificates. All gift cards, e-gift cards and other gift certificates are deemed purchased in and issued from Finland. The risk of loss and title to such items passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable.
Our website is controlled, operated, and administered by Rapala from its offices within Finland. Rapala will not ship products ordered via our website to addresses outside the European Union, nor will Rapala make sales to customers who use non-EU credit or debit cards via our website. If you are a customer located elsewhere please change your designated site here.
Rapala shall deliver the products to the location set forth in your order within the European Union using its choice of shipping company. Shipping rates are applied per order. The exact shipping rates depend on the country where your order is being delivered to. For detailed information on Rapala’s shipping policies, please visit Shipping Methods, Cost & Timing. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of your shipping information that you provide Rapala. Risk of loss and title to the products remains with Rapala until the products are turned over to the carrier at which point risk of loss and title transfers to the carrier. Risk of loss and title are transferred to you when goods are delivered to the location you specified in the order. You must inform Rapala within 10 days of receipt of your order if you believe any part of your purchase is missing, damaged or incorrect.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that Rapala retains all right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in and to the products.
LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
Rapala’s limited warranties and your exclusive remedies for specific products are set forth on Rapala’s Warranty Information page.
Except as set forth on Rapala’s warranty information page, all products are sold on an "as is" basis without any warranties at all. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Rapala disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, whether written or oral, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement and warranties arising from a course of dealing, course of performance or trade usage.
In the limits of applicable laws in no event shall Rapala be liable for damages arising as a result of any delay by Rapala under these Terms and Conditions of Sale. In no event shall Rapala be liable, as a result of selling a product hereunder or under these Terms and Conditions of Sale, for consequential, incidental, special, punitive, treble or exemplary damages or other similar damages regardless of the cause of action and regardless of whether Rapala knew of the likelihood of such damages. Rapala’s aggregate liability under or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Sale will be no more than the amount you paid for the product that is the subject of a claim.
For the most comprehensive return policy information, please consult our Returns and Exchanges policy. Defective items, whether under or outside the warranty period, may require special handling.
If your return no longer qualifies you for the same quantity discounts and/or free promotional item provided by the value of your original order, you will be charged back for such discounts, and you will be required to return your free promotional item. If you do not return your free item, your original payment method will be used to charge you for the value of the promotional item.
If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions of Sale, the products, your order or you wish to obtain additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rapala VMC Corporation
Phone: +358 9 7562 540
Fax: +358 9 7562 5440
Finnish business ID: 1016238-8
VAT number: FI10162388
© Rapala VMC Corporation, April 2018